|© Copyright 1999 Babes On The Bay All Rights Reserved
| 2017 Tournament Information/Rules
• STRINGER - The team stringer consists of (3) three Trout and (1) one Redfish. You will be provided a plastic bag when you approach
weigh in, put the fish you have chosen for your stringer in this bag. Coolers are allowed in the line but not in the actual weigh in area by the
• REDFISH/TROUT - Redfish: at least 20" and not greater than 28". Trout: at least 15" and not greater than 25". Your team must decide
the Redfish and Trout to weigh in prior to approaching the weigh master. If you bring an undersized or oversized fish to the weigh master, you
will not be allowed to go back to your ice chest to get a different fish.
• FISHING LICENSE - You must have a valid/current fishing license from Texas Parks and Wildlife to fish in this tournament. Fish according
to the rules enforced by Texas Parks and Wildlife. Citations for not observing these regulations are very expensive. Any team/person receiving
a citation during this event will be disqualified.
• ONE POLE PER ANGLER - You can have more than one rod per angler on the boat, but you cannot fish with more than one at a time.
• TEAM - This is an amateur fishing tournament. Up to four women and one guide/driver per boat. All individuals on the boat must be listed
on the registration form. People with Guide/Captain license and any men are not allowed to fish. Only one man can be on the boat.
• ASSISTANCE - Someone may assist you in baiting your hook, casting, and netting. It is your job to "set the hook" and reel the fish to the
boat or net.
• FISHING BOUNDARIES - South of the Victoria Barge Channel and North of the J.F.K. Causeway. No jetty, surf, dock or pier fishing. Do not
sneak South of the J.F.K. Causeway.
• ALTERING FISH - The fish weighed in cannot be altered in any way. Tails cannot be cut, nothing can be stuffed in them, they must be
fresh and caught on tournament day within the tournament boundaries.
• TIME - Fishing begins 30 minutes prior to official sunrise on Saturday. Actual time will be announced on Friday evening at the Captain's
meeting. Weigh in is not earlier than 12:00PM (noon) and your fish must be in the weigh in line by 4:00PM at Fulton Park Grounds.
• TIES - In the event of a weigh tie, length will prevail. Decisions of the Weigh Master, Bud, are final.
• POLYGRAPH - All contestants agree to take a polygraph test if required by a Babes on the Bay or CCA Board Member or the Babes on
the Bay weigh master. The test will be taken at a time and place requested by the Aransas Bay CCA Chapter. Refusal to take the test or failing
the test will result in disqualification of the team. The individual taking the test will be decided by the tournament director.
• REFUSAL - Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse application of entry, with or without cause, at its sole discretion. Any
team/applicant refused entry shall be entitled to a refund of their entry fee.
• CATASTROPHIC EVENT - An event that affects the normal activities/progression of the tournament. This will be determined by no less
than three committee members. It may or may not affect any or all rules.
• DISPOSAL OF YOUR CATCH - Per TP&W, it is illegal to dispose of caught fish with meat intact. So, please do not dump your fish in the
trash cans. Ask anyone in the weigh in area if they would like your catch.
• $95.00 per contestant if entry is received by midnight EST, April 15th. After the 15th the fee is $125.00 per contestant. April 30th,
midnight EST is the last day to register online. After that you will have to contact Karol via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if there is space
for your team to fish. If you register after April 30th, you will not receive the tournament swag bag and contents. Entry fee includes 1 year
membership to CCA.
• Captain's meeting is on the Friday night kick-off event at 8:00PM. It is mandatory that one person from the team be present.
• The tournament has a TABC license to serve alcoholic beverages, that makes it illegal for anyone to bring alcoholic beverages into the
fenced area or take any from the fenced area of the festival grounds. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
• Food vendors will be on the grounds Friday and Saturday.
• For additional information, call Karol at 361-386-0028 or email email@example.com.
1. Team with Professional Guide – (any bait)
2. Team with Professional Guide – (artificial only)
3. Team with Non-professional Guide – (any bait)
4. Team with Non-Professional Guide – (artificial only)
5. Babe-ette Junior Division (16 yrs and under)
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Place Prizes for the first 4 Divisions
Additional Prizes For:
Babe-ette Division – 16 years old and under – heaviest fish!
Friday, May 19th, kick-off at Fulton Park, Fulton, Texas, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
Captain’s Meeting Friday 8:00 PM MANDATORY
Saturday, May 20th, fishing starts at sunrise and weigh in at Fulton Park Grounds,
Award presentation will follow the weigh in (approx. 6:00 PM).
There are separate pots for guided artificial, guided any bait, non-guided artificial and non-guided any bait.
1 Heaviest Red - $50.00
2 Heaviest Trout - $50.00
3 Heaviest Stringer - $50.00
Your team can enter cash pots on Friday night only.
The pots will pay 1st and 2nd. 80% to first and 20% to second.